Tips for Holidaying With Pets
If you have decided to take your pet on holiday with you this time instead of using the services of “Don’t Fret Pet!” here are a few tips to make the holiday relaxing for everyone…
- Ensure your pet has a collar and tag and that your contact details are up to date. Pets can easily escape and go missing in a strange environment.
- Take your pet’s food and water bowls and his or her bed with you. Pets like routine.
- Keep your pet’s grooming and medications up to date. Your holiday hosts will welcome pets that do not bring fleas and ticks along for the holiday!
- Ensure that where you are staying is secure for a pet. Cats must be kept indoors and dogs must have a fenced property.
- Take regular breaks on your car journey. Dogs need toilet breaks and a chance to stretch their legs, just like us. And make sure they have fresh water to drink during breaks.
- Take plenty of entertaining activities for your pet. Puppies will chew holiday houses!
- Take enough food to last at least a couple of days. Your local holiday store may not be open or have your regular food supply. Upset tummies through changing food abruptly are not fun on holiday.
- Check the off leash areas at your holiday destination
- Some pets might be better left at home with someone to look after them or boarded with a fully-screened and supported “Don’t Fret Pet!” minder.
- Remember to have fun! Holidays are a great chance for the whole family to relax!!
October 17, 2017
September 06, 2017