Doggy ice blocks
Ice blocks for dogs
Keep your dog cool and hydrated by making your own dog-friendly ice blocks with just a few simple ingredients. Ice blocks can also help keep them busy while you’re out.
What you will need
- Metal bowl
- A few of your dog’s treats
- Place treats in the bowl
- Half fill the bowl with water
- Place bowl in the freezer for thirty minutes
- Remove bowl from the freezer
- Add another layer of treats
- Add water until the bowl is almost full, leaving room for expansion
- Return to the freezer for another couple of hours
- When frozen solid remove from the freezer
- Remove the ice block from the bowl
Leave it with your dog to enjoy while you’re out on hot days.
Please note: This is not suitable for dogs under seven months as this may not be good for their baby teeth.
Disclaimer: This information is general in nature only. While “Don’t Fret Pet!” has endeavoured to ensure the information we’ve relied on is accurate and current, we do not guarantee it. “Don’t Fret Pet!” accepts no liability for this information.