Canine Life Rules
Canine Life Rules is an oldie but well worth reading and contemplating….
If dogs could teach us we would learn things such as:
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy
- When it’s in your best interest – practise obedience
- Let others know when they have invaded your territory
- Take naps and stretch before rising
- Run, romp and play daily
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do
- On warm days stop to lie on your back in the grass
- On hot days drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree
- When you are happy, dance and wag your entire body
- No matter how often you are scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout…run right back and make friends
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk
- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough
- Be loyal
- Never pretend to be something you are not
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently
Applying the above lessons to your life should make it a little less RUFF!
Maybe, after reading the above, you might want to try some Canine Life Rules and enjoy running with your dog.
Dogs can have a tremendous healing power by just being with us.
April 28, 2021
April 23, 2021
March 05, 2021